View Single Post
Old 07.16.2019, 10:10 AM   #7267
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips
Of course I agree with you, his language is beyond the pale and if normality were to prevail, this hysterical, emotionally-driven clown would've been removed from office a long time ago.

I believe the overton window of what's acceptable has shifted so far that a US President (or Trump, at least) can now say things like that without any real repercussions, unfortunately. I don't know how you fight that - of course it needs highlighting, and perhaps the Democrats need to move towards the centre ground to win over people like Demonrail who may not necessary be part of Trump's "legion".
sure, but it’s not really about “language”, or “saying” things.

it’s really about legitimizing and mobilizing and amplifying horrendous social forces that are not easy to cage back once unleashed.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|