View Single Post
Old 06.23.2006, 04:52 PM   #49
Richard Pryor on Fire
100%

Richard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's assesRichard Pryor on Fire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
SONIC YOUTH FUCKING RULED ALL!!!!!!

Holy fuck I had such a great fucking time at the Sonic Youth show! Oh man I cannot get enough of them and what they do and it was amazing and fabulous and fucking sick great and I had a fucking BLAST!
I met up with Heath Hayner and we got blitzed and showed up at the Warehouse Live. We were hanging out when I noticed an old friend, Hernan, bartending! I had not seen him fro about 4 years!!!! He hooked us up and we rocked to the first band, awesome color, a cross between sabbath, MC5, the stooges, and mudhoney. they were good. This picture I took of them came out CRAZY!

we had made our way close to the front, so by the time sonic youth played, we were ready to fucking rock. The show was amazing. Mark Ibold from Pavement played the bass for many songs. Some songs had double bass. Some songs thurplayed bass and kim played guitar. Lee even had an acoustic guitar for "OR"

Here is the setlist, as I wrote it on the back of a sonic youth postcard

I will translate.
REENA - INCINERATE - ERIC'S TRIP - DO YOU BELIEVE IN RAPTURE? - WHAT A WASTE - SCHIZOPHRENIA - TURQUOISE BOY - SLEEPING AROUND - RATS - KOOL THING - NEUTRAL - OR (encore) LIGHTS OUT - JAMS RUN FREE - SHAKING HELL
I might have missed one or two but I am pretty sure this was the setlist.
FUCK THEY WERE FANTASTIC.

Goddamnit, WHy the fuck do they always play Kool Thing, that song is fucking garbage.

http://pissingaway.blogspot.com/
Richard Pryor on Fire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|