View Single Post
Old 06.21.2006, 01:14 AM   #45
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
We can't all be expected to love every single record by every single one of our favorite bands. I love Nirvana but I don't really like Bleach. I really love the Beatles but I don't like their earlier pop records. I like Black Flag but I think their later work sucked. I like a lot of bands that have at one moment in time released brilliant works; true masterpieces that have shaped the cultural landscape and music; inspired many people. And at another moment in time have released utter peices of shit that suck so much that it's unbearable and dissilissuioning to imagine that such a great band can release such a stinker. But it happens sometimes.

To say that when a band turns out a record, we fans must absolutley love it lest we be called "posers" or "idiots who don't get what the band is doing", is utter bullshit. We are all free to formulate our own opinions on art and music, on anything we want, really. And so what if people here hate Rather Ripped, and so what if people here love it? And so what if some of the people here are in the middle? It doesn't matter. All that matter's is how you feel about the record. If you think it's genius, then it's cool. If you think it's trite, regurgitated garbage, then that's fine too. We all have to realize that we all may have different opinions on practically everything under and beyond the sun. To fight over these differences is petty, childish and a huge fuicking waste of time. Civilized debate over ideas on the band's work is fine, but all this name calling and cooler-than-you attitude is poisoning this board. We're all supposed to be in this thing together. We Sonic Youth fans have to stick close becuase we're a small breed. Don't let petty in-fighting destroy us. Because that's what the terrorists want. If we SY fans fight each other, then the terrorists win.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|