View Single Post
Old 02.13.2010, 02:22 AM   #20
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
excellent case-study. high marks for detailed account.

sleep paralysis is an extreme form of more common hypnagogic hallucinations. it has only recently been linked to a condition where certain reuptake systems fail, causing the normal body-paralysis that is experienced during REM to continue, despite waking.

were you taking opiates or prescribed SSRIs at the time?

please enjoy faux-rep. my first attempt failed.

i can remember a few when i was on ssri's but it only got extreme after i was off them. no opitates altho alcohol, weed, lsd and very dodgy ecstacy where all being taken at the time.

i don't have anyway to describe the utter intensity that these reached towards the end. there were some were i would literally be submerged in an orchestra of screaming noises, voices and sounds from every inch of the room around me, as if there were about 25 speakers placed around my head each playing something different. of course when it happens it's difficult to remember it afterwards, and while it is happening you are in a state so close to sleep that it can be difficult, if not impossible to be fully concioussly aware of it, as soon as you do you tend to break out of it.

i know of k heads who report having it, so i'm assuming it can be brought on drug use.

i have not had any since then and have been off drugs which seems to have put a stop to it.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|