Thread: Talk to me...
View Single Post
Old 02.06.2017, 04:14 AM   #27
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
• What do you do for a living?
I work as client service director for a local branch of a worldwide media agency. what we do is basically we plan and buy media space for our clients' advertising campaigns.
a highly interesting and challenging (yet rewarding) job and I'm lucky I've got the opportunity to have a job that I actually love. I don't think many people can say this.

just to make things more clear - I'm not a fan of procrastination and usually I'm very productive while at work. but trust me, past weeks/months were CRAZY, hence I'm glad I could have a day or two when I can just sit back and do fuck all.

Quote:
• Why Siouxie and the Banshees? Follow-up: what's your favorite S&TB song?

I like their melodic hooks and crystal clear Siouxie's vocals. very catchy music for "feel good" times.
I'm not fond of all of their output, though I like most of it.

Quote:
• Who would win in a fight between Superman and Goku from DragonBall Z? I say Superman because frankly I don't know anything about DBZ other than that it's awful, but some nerds really get into this debate. Fucked if I know why.

Sorry man, I am not familiar with DragonBall Z, I'm too old for that shit.

Quote:
• Joy Division only dropped two brilliant proper albums, while the Cure has something like 15, ranging from brilliant to pretty fucking missable. I would argue that JD is the better band, but I feel that the Cure is the band I "like" more, simply because they have more material that is good, even if none of it is better than JD.
- Is this reasoning sound? If not, tell me why.
- Follow-up: Can you make a case for the opposing side of this argument?

Which ones do you consider "fucking miserable"?
I mean, it would be interesting to watch what would become of Joy Divison if Ian Curtis wouldn't have died, and how their sound would evolve. I'd say, "Closer" was just the beginning where their sound started to shape into really interesting territories and I guess following albums would be really mindblowing. New Order then continued the story in kind of a shit way.

Quote:
• Can you make a case for my books? I have so many, and they're all different sizes, and I'm not fancy enough to go to IKEA. I'd pay you if you were able to construct a prototype of a case that would comfortably fit every book in my collection, without requiring any bending or sideways stacking.

Do you really consider IKEA as fancy? Where do you live, in a forest shack?

IKEA is cheap low-quality stuff that tends to break down/wear down pretty fast. Not that I'm bitching, most of my furniture at home is IKEA, but just because it's cheap and I don't care about furniture much.

Quote:
• There is a special gun that shoots bullets at a the same velocity every time it fires. Each bullet continues to travel on a "straight" path until it hits something (it will follow the curve of the Earth and circle the world forever if nothing is in its path), and when it does hit its target, each bullet pierces exactly 1.11 meters of matter before stopping. No matter what the object is or how far away it is, these special bullets WILL go through EXACTLY 1.11 meters.
- What happens if the target is less than 1.11 meters?
- Can you make me this gun?
- Follow-up: Can you make a case for this gun? Like, for me to carry it in?

Thanks.

Give me a break with mathemathics.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|