View Single Post
Old 03.30.2009, 08:10 PM   #6001
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
The hype was all my fault, not the movie's or even the media's. I've been dying for Sants to get off his ass and make something as good as My Own Private Idaho, and I was sure this was going to be it.

I'm in Ohio, which might explain things a little.

Yeah, they can marry. And then not have that marriage recognized legally. Good news is a teacher can be gay and adopt a kid. Legally. On the other hand, Milk died 30 fucking years ago, and it's astonishing that homosexuals are still considered second class citizens in many ways. True story: two men lived together for twenty years. One's parents more or less disowned him. He died. They ended up with all his assets because the man he lived with for twenty years had no legal claim. Yes, there have been improvements, but until homo couples are treated the exact same way as heteros, the fight ain't over. (evollove bangs fist on table in rightous indignation)

I was pleased that the theater I saw this in was pretty full. If it convinces one pea-brained twat to open their mind a bit, then it's clearly the best movie of the year, no matter what I think of it.

Way off topic now. Sorry.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|