View Single Post
Old 11.08.2013, 05:42 PM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
"castles made of sand" destroys and devastates me after i hear it, but later i feel very defiant and happy in loving such great art.

Exactly, it was the kind of somber optimism that was Hendrix. The guy was ALWAYS smiling, and yet never lost touch with reality (see "Machine Gun")..

Quote:

talking about him painting pictures: my favorite moment in song is the ending to "May This Be Love" where the cymbals and guitars mimic the sights and sounds off the mist and rainbows of a waterfall. genius shit. and he did it.

Exactly. Hendrix in the studio was another animal, could you imagine what he would do with modern synthesizers and computers? Then again, Hendrix superb use of ambiance, feedback, and resonance ONLY works in Analog in my opinion. Digital sounds like a Casio Keyboard when pushed too far..

Quote:
underrated?!?! i don't think so!!! just too people are ignorant.

yes, totally fucking underrated. Even people who claim to be "Hendrix fans" don't really dig deep into his music. Critics, writers, and fanboys continually just write about the same cliched songs and gigs, but rarely if ever delve into the depths of Hendrix's personality, discography, or stage presence. Actually, I kind of like it this way, its rare that such a mainstream and overly popular artists is at the same time very underground and under-appreciated. I feel the same way about Bob Marley. Like a BILLION fucking people own Legend, and practically EVERYBODY has heard "Could You Be Loved" or "Buffalo Soldier" and everybody screams and shouts to "Redemption Song" but honestly, do they even know what those songs actually mean? Have they ever even glossed the surface of albums like Survival, Uprising, or Confrontation? Hardly. Few artists are allowed to be so popular, and yet at the same time so obscure. With the Beatles of Zeppelin, people know it all. With Hendrix people often don't know what the fuck they are talking about

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|