Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i hate most springsteen.
1. The Shins are overrated and unoriginal.
2. Interpol are overrated and unoriginal.
3. The Killers are nothing more than a 21st century "new wave" band.
4. Lightning Bolt is a ruins ripoff.
5. Wolf Eyes wishes they were half as witty as Black Dice.
6. 95% of the people on this board didn't know who Jim O'Rourke was before his work on SYR.
7. NYG&F was a horrible album for SY standards.
8. Locust are an incredible band.
9. US Punk Rock > UK Punk Rock
10. Sex Pistols and Steve Jones in particular, ripped of the Dolls ridiculously.
11. Sub Pop has gone soft.
12. David Grubbs > Jim O'Rourke
13. The Postal Service sound like generic car commercial music.
14. The Flaming Lips new album is great.
15. Prog reemergence is "so 2000".
16. Faust > Can
17. Slowdive is unoriginal and just another carbon copy of My Bloody Valentine.
18. Shoegazer is "so early 90s" and that Ride, Lush, Chapterhouse, Catherine Wheel, and Slowdive all sound the same.
19. People in Los Angeles need to get over shoegazer and realize that there was much better music after 1992.
20. The last great true hardcore punk movement was Gravity in the early 90s.
21. Royal Trux > Jon Spencer
22. Majority of the new psychedelic noise folk bands today cannot pull off what Califone/Red Red Meat were doing 15 years ago.
23. Jim O'Rourke never made a huge noticeable impact on Sonic Youth.
24. The Hypnotics were doing stoner rock much better than the 21st century stoner rock bands.
25. Trans Am still kick ass.
I could go on but I'm sure this will be enough to create a war of words.