View Single Post
Old 04.24.2017, 01:19 PM   #106
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Cusp is my fav. its pretty simple but its different sounding and the chord progression is only simple sounding on the surface, Steve's drumming is what "makes" this song to me.

I agree about the mix on Exalted, the mix sounds weird unless the version I'm hearing is wrong? One of the guitars sounds like it's mixed too differently or the eq is not quite right but maybe its intentional, the guitar solo is mixed "hot"... actually all of James solos on the album are mixed really "hot", seems to be intentional? The delayed vocals on this song are strange, delay time seems too long and seems outta place with the tempo which really throws me off when the vocals come in but seems to sound better and more interesting as the vocals continue. The overall mix on this song just sounds much different than the others except for Aphrodite which also has a guitar track that's mixed low in the mix during the noise section.

The odd yet interesting thing is the abundance of James Sedwards "tasteful sounding guitar leads" that are all over this album, at first I was like this doesn't sound like a Thurston trademark thing and something that's more akin to classic rock and on songs that don't sound anything like classic rock, but its done fairly well and seems to be done purposefully so.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|