View Single Post
Old 10.25.2016, 10:24 PM   #19812
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
^^ is that a short film or is a little girl in the cellar a common trope in his work? ecause i remember seeing a short film like that.

i need to check more of svankmajer's work. i really love his animated shorts but didn't like little otik's camera at all. i'll try to find that one you just saw.

It's a short film. That's a still from it. A girl is sent down into a cellar to fetch some potatoes and encounters all kinds of horrible weirdness. It's quite an unusual film for Svankmajer in that it contains very little actual animation.

You can see the whole thing here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XBJCTD9p9A

I didn't think much of Little Otik either. I'm generally more a fan of his short films than his features.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|