View Single Post
Old 03.28.2007, 05:46 PM   #27
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt
How long do you think you'll get away with that though? I mean they'll never be able to defeat recording the signal in real time through your soundcard, but then your end product is only going to sound as good as your soundcard. I've never understood paid downloading - a higher price for an inferior product on every level, basically.

As for the musical fanaticism stuff, I'd like to think I'm the same with my CD collection looking pretty massive nowadays (for a 20 year-old), but if I realistically thought it practical to buy vinyl I would. Just personally I know in the long run I'd ruin half my collection and, hopefully, with new disc formats coming out they'll be able to match vinyl pretty closely sound-wise in future.

EDIT: Beaten to it.
i don't mind if my records have a little surface noise so long as they don't sound like complete shit, in which case i'll go out and buy a replacement copy (which is partially why the number of records i own has grown to such a large number)