View Single Post
Old 03.27.2013, 01:24 AM   #227
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
This finally hit my doorstep, and I just finished my first listen. Totally loved it! I was already surprised by how much I enjoyed the four songs that trickled out last year, and the album is rounded out with songs of the same quality. Sounds great - sparse, dirty, skronky, noisy, simple and fun!

I'm sorry I missed their tour, I'm sure they tear this shit up live. I'm glad Thurston put together a band like this, it strikes me as a little more sincere than some of the recent acoustic singer/songwriter stuff (that said, I was sad to see no response to the recent, well thought-out Demolished Thoughts interpretation thread, though I'm guilty of not replying myself - I liked much of that album, btw).

Looking forward to hearing this again. "Heavenmetal" really opens the CD? Odd. I was surprised to see the alternate cover lettering on the vinyl, does the CD still have the white block text version? The LP jacket/art is very nice.

Now I'll read back through the thread and see how much of this was already mentioned...
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|