View Single Post
Old 04.10.2017, 09:21 AM   #4
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
This is Fucking incredible. Seriously. This is the kind of shit I spend hours on obscure electronic music sites digging through shit to find. I loved the entire thing, from beginning to end, and I have no criticisms.

However, you said you wanted feedback, so as a fan of this kind of music, I will tell you what stood out most for me:

(~6:47 to ~7:50) — I was already enjoying myself immensely, but I peeked up quite a bit right around here. The vocal sample (if I'm hearing it right?) seemed to add a new dimension to the music.

(~10:26 to ~15:00) — I love this... the hypnotic quality of the kind of chopped up arpeggio is just beautiful. This section really reminds me of something... some artist or song that I love the shit out of... but it's eluding me right now. Could it be Boards of Canada? I kinda don't think so, and if it is I can't think of the track that this brings to mind. I'm not saying it's derivative — just that the sound (which I can't identify because as much as I love bleeps and bloops I know fuckall about synths and equipment) is familiar. Can you speak at all to your inspiration for this segment of the track?

(~16:35 to ~20:00; 23:00) — Ok, see, I thought the song had peaked. Then this build starts. Your transitions are flawless. I would never have guessed that the piece was going to go in this direction based on the start. Then at ~23:00 it touches on perfection. I'm rubbish at identifying the tones (sorry!) but this is dope as fuck.

(~27:35 to the end) — Heating up like crazy again a little after the 27 minute mark. Then the lower tones that start to blend in at around 31:00, along with the vocal samples, make for a very vivid sound collage indeed.

I don't really know what else to say man. I wish I could give you more constructive feedback, but fucking WELL DONE.

Shit.

ETA: It reminds me of Tortoise - "Djed."
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|