View Single Post
Old 12.02.2014, 10:10 AM   #18321
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hell yes. i know the words to la marseillese since they made us sing it in school (long story). so of course i was singing along with the prisoners ha ha ha ha. a touching detail is i thought the man who requests la marseillese is supposed to be english, right? i loved that.

most haunting though musically was the children's song they play with the flutes and sing later... "il était un petit navire..." fucking brilliant. and it works with that scene in the mountains. check the lyrics here- all kinds of disturbing and awesome: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Il_était_un_petit_navire

that song is stuck in my head since last night.

one of the remarkable things outside the story for me is that jean gabin had such a strange face-- almost flat, no crevices, looks like carved in rock or something. plus it was a gigantic head. then i realized he had a strong resemblance to john wayne (not so evident in the poster). then teh woman's face is the same type as his.

i have seen la regle du jeu and i remember images from it (wide shots of a large estate and a ballroom and people outside etc) but strangely enough i can't recall a thing about the story! (i must have watched it drunk, ha ha, and i'll have to rewatch it soon).
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|