Thread: Fuck You !@#$%!
View Single Post
Old 04.02.2006, 11:17 PM   #86
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Noumenal:
I'm the farthest thing from "anti-intellectual," or even "anti-academic" really.
You knew what I meant, I could tell. A lot of what you say makes sense.
To academia: I personally had a disillusioning and nearly completely unfulfilling college experience. Had I not gone I would not know now how distasteful it is to someone of my temperament. However, I do think that if it's an environment one feels comfortable in, it can be a nice life where you get paid to indulge your own esoteric interests in a way that is impossible in the non-academic world. That's nice in its way; I just personally found that environment unbearable, that's all. I did well in college, but I felt the experience to be ultimately unrewarding.
I also like that the debt I carry is for a house, rather than piles of student loans amassing far higher amounts.

I agree with a lot of the rest of your post.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|