View Single Post
Old 03.27.2016, 11:31 AM   #76
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Batman was definitely doing a lot of indiscriminate grenade launching for someone with such a big problem with "collateral damage" ... But the same thing happened in Tim Burton's films. There were automatic weapons on the batmobile, and he blew the shit out of a ton of people.

But whatever. I don't really care much about that.

Not sure why anyone would walk out. I've never walked out of a movie in my life. Even the really shitty ones. I'd rather sit there and watch dumb shit happen than waste my money and leave. I am a finisher, though. I don't quit books I don't like either.

There was nothing bad about the acting. Jesus, the combined acting "talents" of the Avengers comes out to a far lower average. Nobody sucked in the film. Pretty much everyone sucks in the Avengers, except for RJD... Chris Evans grows on you, and I like him now, but even the good actors have horrendous delivery (Scarlet, looking at you)

Luther was cool to me. Definitely tweaked, definitely insane. Definitely weird, but it worked for me.

The only thing I struggle with is the end. Damn.

As for the whole movie, it's not for everyone. It is definitely thrilling for DC comics fans who have waited their entire lives to see some of their favorite story arcs come to life. But (for instance) if you don't know who Darkseid is, then Luthor's ramblings aren't going to mean much to you.

I really just want to see Superman get his own movie. Man of Steel was what I wanted and needed, and Man of Steel was only present in this film in fits and spurts. That epic music, (Superman's "theme") is just excellent, but there wasn't enough of it. Seems unlikely now that Superman will have his own film any time in the near future. I went twenty years waiting for him to come back, and now I'll probably have to go twenty more.

Fuck that ending, and fuck the critics. And fuck the studio for asking so much of Zach Snyder (who should really just be a cinematographer... he's good with that shit.)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|