View Single Post
Old 04.06.2012, 04:36 AM   #2901
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
On the other hand, I read most of On The Road, found it kind of boring really. Though, I did try to read it when I was 14 or something. Maybe I'd appreciate it more now.

I suppose it's now more of a cultural artefact than a purely literary one. I imagine it must've been amazing coming across a book like that in the 50s but I'm not sure if it still really has much to offer, besides as a peek into what increasingly seems like a quite innocent age. And I suppose on that level at least, it still has some charm, even if it's the kind of charm that completely contradicts what I imagine was Kerouac's original intention.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|