View Single Post
Old 12.03.2018, 01:22 PM   #99
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yes you’ve done well and deserve hearty congrats. however if you’re gonna be working 70 hours a day you might as well get paid for it so that you can take proper care of yourself and not succumb to stress disorders.

whenever you’re ready you gotta start moving to the next level in your career because otherwise you’ll start becoming the indispensible assistant. by which i mean, hierarchy climbers will use your conscientiousness to prop themselves up.

which, you know, it’s part and parcel of the game... but you have to have a surplus to invest in yourself so that you can propel yourself as well.

then again if you’ve reached a “comfortable” place where you can coast for a while it’s time to gather some “fuck you” money. but i don’t think you’re comfortable, correct? if you snap under strain, who will catch you?

gotta build yourself some backup structures for antifragility. i learned this the last recession! lol.

k.

remember to pay yourself first.

Yeah, I don’t make it enough to coast. I don’t make “fuck you” money. If I snap under strain, a newspaper won’t come out.

So yeah. You’re right. I mean, I know you’re right, I just need to balls up.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|