View Single Post
Old 09.14.2011, 06:30 PM   #1115
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I totally agree that Brazil now aren't a shadow of what they were in the 70s and 80s. But they're still a formidable force in World football and in a match over two legs would still probably beat 90% of national teams out there. I'm as bored with hearing the whole 'samba football' name being used in reference to them now as you are, considering they haven't played that style for nearly 30 years, but I can't think of any team right now except Spain and maybe Holland who I'd back to beat them in a major tournament. Since their golden age, they've won the World Cup twice and, had Ronaldo not been unfit to play in the final against France in 1998, would've almost certainly won that one, too. I agree with your point but you have to admit that, for a team that's been living off former glories for more than a quarter of a century, that's pretty impressive.

yeah i understand that, but when is *the last time* you actually saw them play WELL? i know on paper they look awesome, but in the copa américa they finished 8th, right behind:

1. uruguay
2. paraguay
3. peru
4. venezuela
5. chile
6. colombia
7. argentina

yes, they did not lose a single game until paraguay took them out on penalties in quarterfinals, but the only game they won was against ecuador, 4-2. ecuador! they placed 10th-- (9th was costa rica, a sub-21 age team.) last were bolivia @11 and mexico @12 (mexico was also nerfed with a juvenile team). brazil tied with venezuela and paraguay on the first round.

haven't seen them play since then. they have great players and i want them to be great but i think as a team they've been sucking balls.

then again, they are playing a friendly with argentina in a little while, and maybe they've turned a corner this past couple of months (i doubt it, but eh).
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|