View Single Post
Old 12.06.2015, 06:26 PM   #43
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
You're like the only person I've heard talk about Disappears here (apart from the obvious SY connection).
I'm pretty sure there have been a number of posts about Disappears on this board, even discounting Steve's (former) membership.

Quote:
I have been a big fan of their since the start, but I didn't get into Irreal for some reason.
Not a surprise that you got into Disappears early, since you dig Spacemen 3 and similar-ish bands. Right now I think Irreal is their fucking BEST. Lux and Guider established the band's identity; Pre Language gave the style critical mass, a harder rocking bite and (as good as the first two albums are) took 'em out of the one-trick pony danger. Era and Irreal sound darker and more idiosyncratic to me, but while the former is rather monochromatic in its opression (I do need to give it more spins, though), the latter is, for their standards, virtually bursting with dynamics. So if you don't get into Irreal you're in for some serious bitch-slapping.

Quote:
And I haven't heard the Live record, but I'm dying to.
That LP is THE SHIT. Faithful to Bowie's album, but (as far as I know) performed just with two guitars, bass, drums... and an arsenal of effects pedals — that's how they managed to make the guitars sound exactly like the keyboards on "Warszawa", I guess! The final moments of "Always Crashing In The Same Car" and "A New Career In A New Town", on the other hand, recall Television's dirtier (read: live) sound, at least a bit.

Now, if you're gonna reply to any of this, do your best to make it concise, insightful and to the point, because I have an apocalyptic computer virus ready to jump into your system if once again you ramble the fuck on and bore us to death.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|