View Single Post
Old 06.17.2006, 09:26 AM   #34
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I'm gonna guess savage clone is kidding. The reason I don't like genres is because genres create scenes, and scenes create scenesters. And I think it's agreed that we all hate scenesters. Because when they start showing up, the fashion comes before the music, and therefore the quality of the music takes a turn for the worse. But as far as labeling the music for organizational purposes like Toilet & Bowels was saying, I'm all for it. Who wants to be looking for a pavement cd, and have to sort though opera music and polka music just to find it? Although, it would be cool to see "Parker, Charlie" and "Pavement" right next to each other. Hmm, how could we solve this? I guess we could actually put Charlie Parker's quote, quoted by RdTV, to use, and just have 2 sides to a record store, good music & bad music. That way, no matter what you pick up on the good side, you know it will be just that, GOOD. Anybody agree?
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|