View Single Post
Old 06.17.2006, 07:49 AM   #30
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Heard. I think the fact that emo, screamo, and other pop sounding post hardcore are synonymous with hot topic and myspace grinds the whole genre/movement into shitey shreds of black eyeliner and fake grimaces. That is probably part of afterthemfacts hatred, but I don't want to presume that. I know it is part of my dislike, but I mostly hate this trend because the majority of it isn't sincere. For the most part these kids aren't genuine, there is no real catharsis. The hot topic crowd are just in it for the ride, and won't cling to any of it in say 5 or 10 years, and this is because the better portion of them don't have any decent musical knowledge and can't make an informed decision on what sounds good, so they opt for different, but its mainstream different. This course blinds them to many great and high quality bands that are only a record shop away, it also perpetuates the cycle of black eyeliner and fraudulent grimaces. All in all music is music and you should listen to what you like, BUT make sure you do some research, try to find out the history of whatever "genre" you are into, because if you do, you will probably find that there are many more bands out there and you can increase your musical enjoyment. To close, see my signature.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|