View Single Post
Old 02.01.2012, 10:09 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
The burden of proof lies on you. If you want me to take your claims seriously, you'd better come up with something tangible....if you can not, you lose (which lets face it, you already do anyway).

Your god is about as real as Humpty Dumpty. < (farrrrrrrrr easier for me to prove this than it is for you to prove the alternative, and ya know it fucker).

I can only speak for myself, its not my business to convince you to believe in anything other then the common decency of being polite. You are right, there is morality aside from God, but clearly sometimes you run your mouth too much and fail to express any sense of morals or even common sense.. If you were really so cool and calm about your lack of faith, then you wouldn't really such an attention whore and a prick about it, but while you may think my faith is a Humpty Dumpty story, your house of cards is far less stable. By the way, Humpty Dumpty is a good analogy, the Fathers of the Church discovered the core of the human condition, the source of all our fear and anger, stems from the fracture between the reasoning mind and the feeling heart/soul. The mind simply does not have enough strength of character to exist separated from the heart, and that is why people are so selfish, angry, jealous, and even stupid (myself included). This all the more reason why we are Humpty Dumpty, and we need something transcendental, something beyond and bigger then individual selves, something which I understand to be called God but you can call Him whatever you like, to put US back together. God is not broken, we are. Besides, Freud and Jung already mentioned that folks never grow up and mature until they forgive their parents of all the supposed mistakes we wrongfully blame them on. It is the same cosmically with God, until we all learn to forgive God, then we will all be a bunch of broken-hearted mother fuckers..

By the way, y'all again are right, people can exist just fine without religion. The Dali Lhama just put forth a great analogy philosophically speaking. He said that in life, religion is like tea, and the water that is the base is compassion. Like tea, religion and faith is spiced with healing, consoling, strengthening additives collected from across the world, and the water is compassion, empathy, morality, politeness which religion is based and built upon. Just as man can live without tea, but must drink water, so to can we live without God, but surely we can't live without compassion and empathy and politeness, something which even atheistic evolutionary theory strongly suggests. You sir, lately have expressed and espoused neither compassion nor politeness, and as them elders say, you reap what you sow and you give what you get, so don't be surprised if all this cynicism doesn't come and bite you in the ass.

As we again say in Rastafari, "and all them fireman that kindle the fire got to burn the fire according to the same fire plan, for the fire is not partial, not even to them that burn the fire."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|