View Single Post
Old 05.28.2013, 11:22 AM   #2318
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
True story. Incidentally, Alan Licht suggests that song as a predecessor to "Marquee Moon" in the liner notes to the 2003 reissue of Television's untouchable debut album, but I've always thought "Sloth" from Fairport's Full House is a better fit. Not that Verlaine will ever admit having heard either tune before 1977 anyway (which may be true after all; he has no problem acknowledging the influence of, say, Five Live Yardbirds in Television's rave-up dynamics).

Wild. I always thought I heard a connection, but I doubted myself.

By the way, he's coming here in two weeks or so. I'm not sure if going will be worth it, though, since I'll probably be able to download the show later. And I'm close to broke. And I've seen him before. But it's Richard fucking Thompson. Hm.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|