View Single Post
Old 10.31.2011, 07:10 PM   #3
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
Anyone listening to this thing? They're streaming this "24 hour" song for the duration of Halloween.

I like the Lips and all, but sometimes I just wonder what they're thinking. I've listened to about twenty minutes of it so far, and it's been the same minute long loop played over and over 20 times with the occasional phaser or flanger or whatever thrown in there to spice it up. All I think this whole time is 'ok bass snare, bass snare, oh here comes the snare roll, ok now we're starting over'.

It's like the Zaireeka thing all over again. The idea sounds so neat, four different albums when played together make a crazy mix album. But then you listen to it and find out it's just one album, and that they just unnecessarily split up the instruments.

But whatever, I still like the band, they just make me scratch my head sometimes.

The songs on Zaireeka are some of the best the Lips have ever done, in my opinion.

I haven't listened to it. I can't imagine how I'd do so. I don't have 24-hours to kill. Maybe I'll put it on at work tomorrow when I'm crunching numbers and see how it is. But Jesus, how much of it do I have to hear before I can say whether I like it or not? I could literally sit there for 8hrs at my desk and listen and not yet have a good impression of what the song's like. I guess I'm intimidated.

I really love the Lips, and I wish they'd knock off the weird shit and make a fucking album already. I'm not going to buy $30 gummy vaginas or human skulls. Fuck that.

I'm sure it's great, though, like everything (even their bad stuff) is deep down. I'm really digging the "Gummy" songs from this year and have put them together on a playlist. Sounds keen.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|