View Single Post
Old 12.11.2017, 11:33 AM   #176
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
It's only recently I've thought about anxiety as a medical condition. I always thought of it as a state or mood, usually brought on by circumstances. "I am feeling anxious," "That makes me anxious," etc. And then the situation passes and so does the anxiety.

But persistent anxiety: I really don't know where it comes from or how to treat it. I don't think I have a lot, but I don't want any.

But me and depression are old enemies, and have you listened to symbols and I? Depression isn't impossible to control. It's just a bit boring and takes awhile to really see improvement. But it happens.

Do you exercise multiple times a week?
How's your diet?
Tried any meditation techniques AND kept up the practice?
Drinking enough water? (Really! That's no small thing.)

None of these help immediately, but even a week of being good to yourself starts to pay off.

And if you want to reply "I don't have time" I would say "Yes you do. Prioritize. Cut down on something to make room for self-improvement, then you'll have the mental/emotional resources you need to tackle your responsibilities with greater ease."

I know. It's a drag. You have to find the strength to even start, and then find even more to keep it up. But I can assure you that a bit of self-care on a regular basis really does help tremendously.

And it is about "controlling" depression. Not curing it forever.

But anxiety? I dunno. Hope someone can explain it's root causes and common treatments.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|