View Single Post
Old 01.26.2018, 03:24 PM   #16
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I don't think that is true, my understanding is that he was very hardworking and generally frustrated with lack of success

Success being success in his own terms — as it always should be, of course. This is what Kieron Melling, drummer in The Fall's last lineup, said last year, around the time New Facts Emerge was released:

Quote:
I wanted to do "Totally Wired" when I got in the band, 'cos I like the song. I think we did it once in Glasgow — I'd been going on about it, and Mark said, 'Fuck it, let's just do it,' but he just won't entertain doing any of the bigger stuff. Anything that were popular, he just won't do it. It's the giving somebody praise thing, I don't think he likes it — he prefers to be unliked.

Incidentally, that last lineup lasted for eleven years, an eternity in Falltime. (Elena Poulou left in 2016, but what's 12 months or so ). Here's a convenient timeline courtesy of Wikipedia:

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|