View Single Post
Old 10.13.2015, 12:23 AM   #14
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
The new Girls Names is fun. Good old gritty punk. Not as good as, say, Viet Cong's album, which is as far as I can tell the "Reflecting the Light" or "9 Songs" of this year, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless.

Speaking of Wavves, those motherfuckers have a new album out as well. I've never really listened to a lot of Wavves, but whenever I do I enjoy what I hear.
Anyone have anything to say about the new album?

Deerhunter has made another classic. Cox doesn't sound like Julian Casablancas for the first time since Micro-Castle, and it's refreshing. The album feels like REM, the Smiths, and other famously poppy bands with famously dark lyrics.

It's just another solid gold beauty. They've got a better track record than Pavement at this point. I really am glad they've been able to hang around even when contemporaries like Animal Collective and No Age have lost so much of their early momentum. I'm not sure Animal Collective has much of a future at all, and it doesn't help that Panda Bear is having such a nice solo career.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|