View Single Post
Old 07.30.2007, 08:37 AM   #128
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Once we were in the arena, the O2 was good, but the bit where all the restaurants are was total chaos. We were in the standing area, and the signs to the entrances to that part were pointed in all different directions. And the tube station isn't really up to dealing with the number of people that are going to be pouring out of the place at the end of a show - we left early to avoid that, otherwise we'd probably have still been stuck in a queue for the tube when our last train home was leaving Waterloo.

The transport side of things is a bit annoying, but not enough to make me want to boycott the place - I've just bought to see Prince there in September.

Allegedly the tube station is meant to be able to handle 30,000 people an hour. Where it goes wrong is when British Transport Police control entry instead of the regular TFL staff

The fastest way to get out of there are the river ferries that go down as far as Putney

The O2 has its own pier and ferries just outside the venue

The signage over the whole site is a nightmare, thats the thing that really needs addressing and fast

The upside is the acoustics in the place (subject to the competance of tour sound engineers) is bloody excellent and beats Wembley hands down

I am working the Prince shows, should be good fun. I cant see me lasting all 21 nights though
ThePits is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|