View Single Post
Old 10.02.2007, 06:51 AM   #44
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i like some good noise. but the problem is that the genre has become like punk. they found one way that works, and almost nobody leaves that fit form structure. i find noise musicians to be much more interesting when they mold different elements into the mix. for example, i saw a live eric copleand show, and what he does is really cool. he does loops of feeback and rythm ala' merzbow, but then adds these simple melodies on top that add a very beautiful contrast and make the listening experiance, even though it is loud as fuck, very much enjoyable.
that is also why i really like the whole "new weird america" scence, because they take elements of noise and drone and different sounds and mix them with a more folky groove. and it makes the music much more interesting.
i really like hair police and wolf eyes and a lot of other stuff though, even if it is more "noise".
but my favorite kind of noise is free improve.
peter brotzmann
evan parker
derek bailey
borbetomagus
zorn
etc

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|