View Single Post
Old 07.20.2012, 03:36 PM   #25
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I love how this immediately became a "bands that used to rock but now suck" thread instead of what the actual thread title was.

Anyway, its hard to think of bands that were outright shit and then got really good. If you like a groups later work you tend to be able to find something in their earlier work to like even if it isnt as good. Especially in rock music where the songwriting and attitude doesnt tend to change greatly, its more the sense of vision and confidence (and production values) that do.

Anyway, I think Les Savy Fav got better as time went on, as did Arab Strap, but its still pretty hard.

Edit - Oneida are probably the best example i can think of in Rock music

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|