View Single Post
Old 05.11.2014, 06:54 AM   #18051
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
And now let us renew normal service: the two I've seen most recently:

"The Return Of Godzilla" - this is the original Toho Studios version of what New World Cinema later re-cut as "Godzilla 1985". Have to say the New World Cinema version completely baffled me when I last saw it, and now I know why: they removed 16 minutes from the original, did a big re-cut of it, and shoe-horned in loads of new footage. No wonder this kinda irritated various film scribes at the time. The original hangs together much better, I reckon, and you can't beat the big feller when he hits his stride, that's for sure. If you're into Godzilla, this is a worthy entry into the canon.

And then this one:

An all monster hoe-down here, with all your favourites coming together to do their thing, whilst the protagonists take on a dastardly threat from outer space. I could've done with a bit more Godzilla etc business, but the final battle against King Ghidorah is mighty fine stuff indeed. And hey, this one has a happy ending for Godzilla and co too!