View Single Post
Old 03.18.2014, 08:30 PM   #244
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Carter 5 single coming out this week. this will be a make or break moment, wow.

Well, I don't know about that. In my experience, Weezy's album tracks (even downright deep cuts) have always been more interesting than his crowd-pleasing singles. I'm still gonna hold out hope, even if the single blows.

Not sure how I feel about it all yet. Do I think he's going to quit the game for real? Probably not. I think he's frustrated that he hasn't had a fan favorite in a while, and that Carter III kinda killed his career. All the cross-genre experimentation, rapid fire releasing of forgettable one off's, and return to form club bangin in the world can't change the fact that he made an artistic masterpiece, and it seems to have been a fluke.

Part of me hopes he puts out some multi producer (hopefully fly lo, rza, and Kanye) art-hop opus that makes even III pale in comparison. But I wouldn't mind getting a more down to earth, honest, genuine street rap album either. Something more like II.

But I definitely think he'll be back. All the best rappers go through phases of mediocrity. If he wants to be a legend he'll stick it out and keep making music like so many of the other hip hop legends have done.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|