View Single Post
Old 06.28.2015, 04:10 PM   #1099
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I should check it. "Amazing" is prob my fav Kanye song ever.

Well, I may have been reaching with that statement. I just know that one of the things I love about "Amazing" is the worksong vibe. The phrasing of the verses, the vocal effects giving it sort of a dusty, traditional feel.. The sparse instrumentation and those fucking drum sound!!! Not to mention Young Jeezy's heave-ho grunts and shouts during the chorus. It's like it's timed to the rhythm of pick axes rising and being driven down into stones in unison.

Young Fathers use a similar "slave song" dynamics, but the overall sound is more driving and urgent. Again, there's a sort of post-punk energy mixed in with the elements of soul and hip-hop and Blues.

It's a really intense album, the overall effect is fresh and powerful. Right now I'm considering it one of the better albums of the year. I definitely think you should check it out.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|