View Single Post
Old 05.07.2009, 12:09 PM   #16
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
On the one hand, I love both of the Sebadoh albums that I have (Freed Man and III 2LP reissues), but on the other I find that whenever I go through an intese period of really loving those records I quickly go out the other side into finding them a bit shallow. I can never really decide exactly how much I like them. Which is why I've never gotten around to buying the rest of their stuff (although I have heard Bubble & Scrape a few times, and thought it was pretty grea). But then again, when I'm in the mood I can totally love them, so...

"My soul mate is a special girl
A girl that's just like me
She'll share tremendous oral sex
And try everything she sees
She won't be insane or hung-up
Like most other girls
I'll worship her until it hurts
''cause she's on top of my world
Ewwwww, I'm a sad man
I can't ignore what life beholds for me
And I'll probably have to have sex with a lot of girls
Before my soul mate reveals herself to me
You are sweet diversion as I stomp my darker way
Don't let your heart get out of hand
I'll step on it someday
Maybe it's too sad to mention
Maybe I am gay
A moment or two may shine and sure to quickly fade away
Ewwwww, it's a sad life
Sometimes little sweet girls get left behind
But baby, baby, baby it's a man's life
And I gotta tear up everything I find"
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|