View Single Post
Old 05.05.2017, 04:53 PM   #129
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I don't think we're supposed to talk about "Skeleton" and "Sunday." I think we're supposed to pretend that's just not a thing.

But yah. I haven't looked up the tunings of "Skeleton," but if there's a single difference it would shock me. Even the intro to "Sunday" is vaguely reminiscent of the intro to "Skeleton," in my opinion, which makes me think it's probably a deliberate homage. I'll bet Mary and Thurston have talked about it. I'll bet (hope) it's all out in the open, and something they laugh about. Because ... if not... then... well...

He's so lord (hallelu-doota-lang-do-Lang!)
Wish he were lord (hallelu-doota-lang-do-Lang!)

I've noticed the similarity between both songs before. It could be coincidental. I play guitar and sometimes when you are writing you subconsciously start playing something that then brings you to something you have heard or listened to in the past. I do not think that Skeleton is in CGDGBB tuning so it would not surprise me that it was unintentional copy... I mean this sort of thing happens all the time in rock music all over the place and musicians own up to it and many don't... I just don't see the big deal at this point because this is going back 20 years ago and neither Mary or Thurston have brought it to light as far as I know.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|