View Single Post
Old 11.12.2006, 11:02 PM   #57
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabib
5-channel video installation. each video is me jumping rope around either a different piece of sculpture or, what i felt to be a beautiful construction site. i had microphones in my feet and on my collar. each mic was on it's own channel. i'd say things, count, hum or just let the ambient sounds around me filter thru the mics. i skipped rope on gravel, concrete, asphalt, sand and grass--so the different textures created different percussive rhythms. the 10 sound sources could be mixed discreetly with the mixers i built for the console. the mixes could be recorded to tapes on the recorder i built into the console.

everything was played loudly thru the amp.

porkie's seen it before though.

Sounds like and looks a bit like a delightful Muybridge/Eno/Anderson mash-up.
If Sonic Youth everdo another video along the lines of "Little Trouble Girl" somewhat, then you should put that one in there.

I love this by Laurie Anderson. This would be my ideal way to learn Japanese:

"Wordfall"

"Wordfall" is an electronic artwork that was commissioned by World Expo 2005 in Aichi Japan. Japanese phrases are animated In a downward falling sequence on an LED panel. The English translations of the phrases appear to fall into an electronic pool, generating concentric waves of words. Synchronization is controlled by custom made software.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|