View Single Post
Old 10.29.2017, 05:01 PM   #31
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ok anyway this thread is about ebola’s music & how to get it out there right?

since he’s not in it for the profit but rather seeking exposure i’d say (thrice) get the mixe done right and then go for everything that’s out there making it easy for people to access and then let him sort it as he goes.

Yeah AND... I’d like to say that professional level mixing can be done on a freaking MacBook — or, y’know, laptop of your choice — for not an unreasonable amount.

Most difficult thing might be finding someone who knows the ins and outs of digital recording, since you claim not to. I mean, I don’t either... BUT, I did take some audio engineering (analog) in college back when such a thing was still offered, and for our final project, we recorded an EP for a band. We chose our own band, but not everyone in the class was a musician, so some folks had to look for local bands that wanted a free demo cut, and it was a no-cost, experience-for-experience kind of thing.

Things can’t be SO different now that such things don’t still go on. If you, evollove, live in or near a college, put up some flyers (listen to me... like it’s 1998), or social media yourself some ... uhh... things, and maybe there’s a student who’d lend you his or her limited expertise?

Personally, I don’t think the mix is that bad if you’re going for a bedroom pop I’m-lo-fi-deal-with-it sound, but if you’re not, then definitely get that shit sorted out.

If you become famous, hire me as your publicist.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|