View Single Post
Old 04.01.2007, 12:46 AM   #17
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
In a lot of ways, music has always been about shaping and sculpting sound. Musicians just have so much control over every aspect of sound now and reproduction lets them use any sound they want. So, like I said, it's not about these new techniques or resources (which excite me too). A style has arisen in noise/electronic/etc. that I have problems with, though.

I can agree with this to an extent, but just because everyone has an idea of what they want to sound like does not necessarily mean they are completely focused on attaining it. The whole "sound sculpting" paradigm is based pretty much on completely losing the "music" aspect, and instead focusing on "sound." A perfect example is the BBC Radiophonic Workshop. They would search for perfect sounds (though untimately, end up creating a song, or sound effects), not using musical instruments, but found objects and mechanisms.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|