Thread: Ciccone Youth
View Single Post
Old 10.30.2006, 02:22 PM   #33
Amaranth
bad moon rising

Amaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertonality
Are you forgetting "If I were a Carpenter" from the mid 90's?

I think that Ciccone Youth was a fun one off thing, sort of shows SY's diversity and ability to branch out (are those the same thing? sorry).

If SY came out with another CD covering and/or mocking or whatever a celeb. I think that the media would grab a hold of it and make it in to something that it shouldn't be. When the White(y) album came out SY was more underground and things spread a lot slower. Now with Youtube and filesharing and on and on I think it would spread like wildfire and taint the good name of SY...

Mariah Carey has always been bad btw.

If I Were A Carpenter was not strictly Sonic Youth, as you know. I am speaking of a whole SY album, not other artists.

SY is quite under the radar and I doubt the media is going to be able to do any SY exploitation, despite Youtube.

Yeah, and Vision of Love is classic, and I am not going to get into it.

No, I never wish I was an indie snob.
Amaranth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|