View Single Post
Old 04.29.2016, 02:36 PM   #20
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
And I still say Tom Waits. He may sound pretty much the same now as he did in '94, but he's come a long way vocally since Heart of Saturday Night. He's embraced the uniqueness of his voice over the last 40 years, and allowed himself to really go nuts with his pipes, voicing different characters and always treading the line between Beefheart and, like, Randy Newman or some shit, to great effect, without ever sounding corny.
YES! I think he took a big step how to express himself when making Swordfishtrombones. And then when thinking Bone Machine, he developed his voice using even more. Also I think he has developed lyrically, one of my favourites is Misery is the river of the world. I donīt believe he could make such lyrics in the seventies even his lyrics has never been bad.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|