View Single Post
Old 07.03.2008, 12:39 PM   #17
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
So, after nearly 2 months, I've not received the guitar but have got the money back. turns out it was a big scam and he ripped off like 5 people for upwards of $6k. So...now that I've got the money back, I've decided to go the safe route...buying from a store. But, now comes a dilemma. J Mascis or AVRI. My local music store has a J Mascis in stock for $859 and I can order an AVRI in sunburst for $1,450. Does anyone here own a Mascis jazz? If so, what's it like? I really don't want to spend the cash on the AVRI unless the J is junk. (I've played the one in the store and it felt great, but I'm not sure about the pickups and such) Also, getting the Mascis would leave me with about $600 towards/for a new amp and pedals.