Thread: north carolina
View Single Post
Old 05.10.2012, 04:41 AM   #21
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
^ I don't understand this....when peope say it's a "religious" thing. Maybe a moral thing but religious? I call bull.

I did say "mostly religious".

In some cultures maybe, in others definitely...as far as the U.S. is concerned, it has pretty much always been more or less viewed as a religious thing ("holy matrimony"). Of course, certain aspects of it have changed over time (as has Christianity itself, as of now still the top ranking religion across the U.S.), but from what I can tell this is still generally the case.

Willing to bet money most that choose to never get married are not religious, while most that do are. At least here. It all boils down to traditional bullshit despite one's take on it.

I say "Christianity" only because most morons that have an issue with gay marriage, again, at least here, tend to be Christian.

And only a moron views it as some sort of moral thing. Sure, one can throw out a weak/watered down argument as to why getting married is the moral thing to do...but, it's ALWAYS total garbage. I wouldn't need a ceremony (religious or non) in order to demonstrate to someone, or even worse their family, that I love them and want to be with them for whatever time remains of my life.