View Single Post
Old 11.18.2007, 03:47 PM   #14
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
i have a love/hate relationship with my band. on one hand, when we're focused, we're amazing, and blow minds, but more often than not, we're kinda "off." our...their gear, which isn't really that great, is always falling apart (i try and take care of/repair my shit), we barely ever get more than 2 days of practice in (our frontman lives 8 hours away now) and can be really inconsistent live, our record was recorded in less than 24 hours and it shows at times, we can't settle on a drummer for ANYTHING, and at times it feels like the sounds i create for the songs are too subdued to give way to the songwriting, instead of playing an integral part in the songwriting.

that said, i really love my bandmates and love playing with them. when a gig is good, it's amazing. when we have time to flesh out songs the way we want to, in the studio, it's amazing. when the gear doesn't cut out and leave us high and dry, it's amazing.

i think we could take over the world if we had some sense of stability in regards to the band. it'll probably come with time, though (especially since our frontdude is sober now).

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|