View Single Post
Old 03.28.2016, 05:56 PM   #94
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
She is a fan and generally has good taste as well as more tolerance for crap than me so her walking out says something

Ouch. Well, I can see that. If you're expecting to see your heroes rendered as they are in comics, it's a toss up. It does a good job and a bad job simultaneously. If you're into Killing Joke and DKR, and other non-canon stories, and you're up for a revamping of classic characters, it's unmissable because of what you get to see. If you cling to canon, or to the characters as you see them in your mind, you might get pissed.

Either way, I love both characters more than anyone else I know. I really do. And I'm hypercritical of adaptations of these two cherished characters. So if it was really all that insulting to fans, I would have been the first to bolt.

If she walked out before the last half hour, I feel bad for her. She missed a hell of an ending though.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|