Thread: UK elections
View Single Post
Old 06.11.2017, 11:20 AM   #10
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I don't believe you can negotiate properly when whoever you're negotiating with knows you can't ultimately walk away. It's irrelevant now because the election result has put us in precisely that position, where we can't just walk away, but the original negotiation strategy of no deal being better than a bad deal seemed sound to me. The result's a disaster for me because I wanted a hard-brexit but I can't see why remainers or soft-brexiters aren't happy with it. Surely they're more likely to get their way now than would've been the case had the election not been called at all, or if the Tories had kept their majority.

This "no deal is better than a bad deal" was total bollocks though. So she was saying "Yeah, if things don't go as we want then fuck 'em we'll walk away". You're saying you'd have been happy to walk away with nothing in place? Especially regarding trade and then having to go begging to U.S.A etc. for more trade deals. Bearing in mind Trump would see that as a weakness and try to fuck us over whilst smiling politely.

As we've seen already other EU countries are sending over big wigs from the financial industry to woo over big companies from here to France, Germany or wherever else. All this has done is create uncertainty in the markets and it's gonna sting us hard.

I was/am a remainer and very much for the case of a soft-brexit. However to say we should be lapping the prospect of May going to negotiations with nothing is wrong. At the end of the day I, you, or anyone else want what's best for the U.K. Especially i the long term. Nothing can go well going into talks like we atm. The EU can put whatever price they want for us to leave, the can seemingly say or do anything they want and we're gonna have to take it.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|