View Single Post
Old 11.28.2018, 12:15 PM   #50197
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
POP was the last U2 album I liked.

"Discotheque"--one my favs

"Do you feel loved?"--One of those odd songs where the verses are much catchier than the chorus.

"Mofo" -- It's about Bono's dead mother. Sorta makes it difficult to slam.

--Squishy middle. Where the album gets it's title, I guess. Interesting production saves some weak writing.--

"Miami" -- Quite refreshing after the previous tracks.

"Please" -- A good song, and I've heard some live versions that are transcendent.

"Wake Up Dead Man" -- This seems like a classic. But maybe it's just a classic in the "Christian rock" subgenre.

It was actually the subsequent album that lost me completely. All That You Can't Leave Behind. Wussy adult contemporary. I'll take a failed experiment over this shit any old day.

And I didn't really fall for the "return to form" of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.

Then I was done following the band. I've heard only two or three U2 songs made in the past decade.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|