View Single Post
Old 07.30.2010, 08:21 PM   #95
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone

truly hilarious! These are JUST the kind of angles I wanted to see..

In the context of the story, the Virgin represents just this kind of thing. Inuendos (after all, when young nuns come up pregnant in monasteries we often know who to blame and its usually not God ) and sexuality.

Why was Her story so controversial? For the same reason a teenage girl coming home mysteriously pregnant today would be controversial in many places.

The Virgin is also a wonderful symbol for women who, in good and bad circumstances, often find themselves saying, "Shit! My period is late!!!"

just as the young Virgin had to say, and for any woman this can be quite a situation of stress and anxiety. She is then a symbol of our anxieties and insecurities around child birth, sexuality, promiscuity, fidelity, public morality etc etc

The moral of the story is that even though Our Lady went through a stressful and even frightening situation regarding child birth, She managed in time and patience to get through it, just as most people when having a baby are stressed and often can't even imagine what they are going to do or how they are going to take care of the baby or if they will be good parents or is it even my baby etc etc etc, generally overcome all the obstacles, with or without divine intervention, and get through it just fine.

humans are comforted by success stories, it helps us get through our own difficulties and insecurities

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|