View Single Post
Old 07.30.2010, 01:09 PM   #81
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
what's the point of a debate between an atheist and a theist?

Depends on who the person is, on both sides. Bible-bashing no-nothings are equally as irritating as puritanical Athiests. As someone on the Theist side, I tend to think that it's important that both sides try and recognise the failings and strengths in each position. I'd say recognising failings was more important than the repetition of stolid arguments. Both sides tend to think their position is the 'true' one. That's not to say it's an absolutely subjective, or that either side is going to convince the other at any point. But if you can say to the hardline athiest 'hey, look, you're alright, let's have a pint' and the athiest can say 'well, he might as well believe in fairies, but he's an alright chap' then that's a good thing, innit? God knows [ha] how boring the world would be if everyone agreed (ie, had the same opinions and thoughts as me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|