View Single Post
Old 05.07.2012, 01:51 PM   #15734
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Re-watched this for the first time since it came out. Even though it contains more than a few funny moments, I think it stands up as a ''serious'' movie purely for content and dialogue, considering the director is Chris Morris. I'm not a big fan of many modern British movies (or many modern movies in general for that matter) because they seem to be filmed from the perspective of filmmakers who should be doing TV instead of cinema, and frankly I'm more than a little tired of this polished, documentary-like, ultra-realistic style over experimentation with images. Too much footage ends up looking like it could have been filmed by anyone with a HD videocamera. CM excelled at doing weird things with ''Jam'' for sure. I think the two approaches to filming should find some distance from each other again, if there ever was one in the first place I don't really know. Anyway, most enjoyable and I am a big Chris Morris fan, if only because he always does the right thing for me.

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|